The Uk’s Global talent visa is a magnet attracting the best and the brightest global talents to the Uk and opens a whirlpool of opportunities to grow and contribute to one of the best world economies.
Global talent visa is for individuals who are emerging and promising talents in specific fields of sciences, the humanities, engineering, the arts, and technology, looking to work in the UK. The UK Global Talent visa replaced the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa category in the month of February 2020.
What does it offer to international talents?
The Global Talent visa allows a fast-tracked route settlement(known as Indefinite Leave to Remain) in the UK for qualifying individuals. If you meet the eligibility criteria as a talented individual, you may be eligible for UK settlement after 3 years. If you are considered a promising talent, you may be eligible after 5 years. With the settlement, you are on the path to gain British citizenship through the process of naturalisation.
Who could be eligible for a Global Talent visa?
The Global Talent visa eligibility UK is open both to emerging talent – individuals who can prove they are already leaders in their respective field, as well as applicants displaying ‘promise’ and potential to become leaders in their field.
Prospective applicants will be able to apply from fields including:
- Digital technology
- Arts and culture, including film and television, fashion design and architecture
Global Talent visa applicants must first obtain endorsement from one of six Home Office-approved endorsing bodies, before making the visa application, unless they have been awarded a prestigious prize, as listed in Appendix Global Talent: Prestigious Prizes, which is considered as showing exceptional talent and therefore endorsement does not need to be sought.
Concerning bodies to refer for the application process
To be taken into consideration for entry under the Global Talent visa, applicants should necessarily seek endorsement from one of six supporting bodies authorised under the UK Government.
If you are requesting recommendation in the fields of scientific research, design, medicine, social scientific researches or the liberal arts, or for various other scholastic and research functions, the Home Office will refer your application to the British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering, Royal society or UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) which will certainly make a recommendation choice based on the proof you supply.
If you are seeking endorsement in non-academic fields of arts and culture and digital technology, your application will be transferred to Arts Council England or Tech Nation, which highlight specific endorsement criteria.
Each of the 6 bodies has its own endorsement criteria and process, based on the following:
- Exceptional Talent scale: to assess applicants who can demonstrate they have already made a significant contribution as a proactive leader to their field.
- Exceptional Promise scale: for seeking applicants at an early stage in their careers who have proven the potential for being future leaders and making remarkable contributions in their field.
Route to successful application
There are 4 routes to Global Talent visa successful application
- Research and academic appointments: for applicants with a job offer as a professor, associate professor, reader, senior group leader or equivalent, endorsed by the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering, and The Royal Society.
- If you hold a recognised fellowship: endorsement for those with an individual fellowship endorsed by The British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering and Royal Society
- Full peer review: endorsement of applications by The British Academy or The Royal Society or the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Seeking endorsed funders: eligible applicants will be fast-tracked to the Home Office visa application stage with minimum evidential requirements
Consult a legal advisor
The global talent visa category requires strict compliances, complete knowledge of endorsing bodies and eligibility criteria and at times may seem overwhelming. A Y & J Solicitors have expertise in Global talent visa applications. They are expert immigration lawyers in London who can represent your case efficiently with complete success.
Stay Connect with Legal Blog