I am going to start this post by presenting a real-life scenario of a friend of mine who has had two jobs in the past four years. The trick to getting started is this example’s takeaway. Call this friend of mine James.
James’ first job was in real estate. More specifically, he was (and is) a field agent for a real estate company in a major city. Obviously, his job required him to travel around the city and show his belongings to customers, negotiate prices, convince them to buy, close sales, and keep specific paperwork. And also has a degree in graphic design. So he took a second job at Manga magazine as a character graphic designer. Click here for finding Jobs in Pakistan.
His first job as a real estate agent was full time, 5 days a week, 9 hours a day. With an hour’s lunch break for his second job as a graphic designer, he works 6 hours a day and 8 hours on Saturdays. So he stays free on Sundays to spend quality time with his family.
When I asked him how he could do both jobs. He replied that he saw the second job as a break from the first. Working as a designer made him very relaxed. And he couldn’t be happier with anything else.
It seems he made a smart decision when taking his second job.
From this example, here are some tips to pick a second job and move on.
1. Consider the risks, disadvantages, and benefits of a second job. The main risk of this is, of course, extreme fatigue. And the biggest drawback is that there is no time for other activities. The main advantage is extra money, so before you take up a second job. First you need to ask yourself a few questions. For example:
– Will I have enough time to be with my family?
– Do I have enough time to sleep?
– What stress level will I encounter?
– How does it affect my health?
– Was the extra money worth the effort and risk?
2. Consider a second job that is the opposite of your main job. In other words, if your first job requires office or full-time work. Your second job should include a physical activity or activity that at the very least benefits from fresh air. It is a good idea to find a job with flexible working hours. That’s a job that doesn’t strain the mind. Jobs that usually fit this profile can be found in the food and hospitality industry. Visit our site for Latest Jobs in Pak.
3. Calculate how much extra work you need and calculate how many extra working hours are needed. You may not even have to work full time to get the extra money you need.
4. Avoid saying you already have a job during the second interview. Unless the interviewer specifically asks you. Many people don’t want to hire people who have half the capacity to work. And when you say you have a job, the skills and experience of your second job should stand out.
5. Plan everything. Especially before bedtime because free time or sleep time becomes very valuable. It is important to plan all worldly activities, even meals. A full schedule every week is a good idea. And whatever you do, make sure you get at least 5 hours of sleep a day. Read more about Latest govt jobs.