SBI Clerk Mains Exam is organized by the State Bank of India to select clerks across all the SBI bank branches throughout the nation. SBI Clerk test is one of the competitive exams where countless applicants show up to take the test each year. There are around 5000+ vacancies for this position this year.
The preliminary test was held from 10th to 13th July 2021. However, due to the sudden outbreak of the COVID 19 pandemic, the SBI Clerk Mains 2021 exam has been delayed till any further notification. In this article, we will help the candidates who have cracked the SBI Clerk prelims exam with a complete preparation guide that will assist them in preparing for the SBI Clerk mains 2021 examination.
SBI Clerk mains 2021 Preparation
Before beginning the exam preparation plan, you must understand the pattern of the exam and how to prepare for SBI Clerk Mains. As you already know, the duration of the written exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes. Only those candidates who have cleared the cutoff of the exam will proceed to document verification.
The table will give you the marks distribution across the various subjects.
|S.no.||Section||No. Of questions||Total marks||Duration|
|1.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning ability and computer aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General/ financial awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
Study plan for SBI clerk mains 2021 exam
Typically, the SBI clerk preparation strategy should be started a few months preceding the test. Notwithstanding, the objective of preparing for the test in one month isn’t impossible. Hence, to set up the entire schedule in one month, you should maintain your concentration and follow the examination plan well.
You should plan your entire preparation schedule in three back to back weeks.
Moreover, you should consistently follow the schedule when planning to ensure none of the subjects in the syllabus is left out. You should also revise the subjects that you prepared in the past week. You should make it a point to practise the previous years’ question papers. Give more significance to subjects that have more weightage in the exam. Here is a segregated plan for preparing the entire syllabus in three weeks.
Since Quantitative aptitude (50) and Reasoning ability & computer aptitude (60) carry higher weightage, you can begin your preparation from these subjects.
- In order to prepare for reasoning ability and computer aptitude, you can follow books that are available in the market such as reasoning ability and computer aptitude by Arihant and Lucent. However, do not stick to only one book as it may not have all the topics included in your syllabus. It is always good to refer to two or three books for a complete understanding of the topics. You can refer to NCERT books for the same.
- For Quantitative aptitude, the first thing you want to learn is completing the sums in a short amount of time. Since the exam is just 2 hours and 40 minutes in duration and there are a lot of topics to cover, time management is the key. Practice the sums and keep a timer with you. Record the time taken to solve each problem and try to minimize it with every sum. In order to achieve this, it is important to keep your concepts clear so that you do not waste much time in understanding the question. Basic requirements of the question such as formulas and methods of solving should be learned by heart.
In the second week, you can focus on completing three topics related to General English and general/financial awareness. By doing this, you will be left with very few topics by the end of the second week. Therefore, you can revise more.
- For problems related to languages, you can follow English newspapers. This will help you learn new words and meanings. You can keep a note of the new words that you learn daily.
- For Grammar, you can follow General English books that give you detailed information regarding gadgets and problems. You can practice by solving mock test papers.
- Mental ability section is mainly based on logical questions. Therefore, you can score well in this section. The more you solve logic-based problems, the more practice you will get. Try to solve as many reasoning problems as to understand the concept. You should pick up the pace here, as there are many topics to be covered in one week.
In the final week, you can focus on topics that have the least weightage. This will help you take out more time for revision of the entire syllabus.
- The financial awareness section is mainly based on financial areas of India, related to the stock market and economy.
- In Indian finance and general, you will be asked questions regarding important financial awareness projects. Research well and make a list of important questions and practice the past years’ question papers.
- Refer to questions from this topic from past test papers and find relevant answers to these questions.
Can we crack SBI Clerk in 15 days?
Cracking SBI Clerk in just 15 days is a daunting task. However, it is not impossible. The key to cracking the SBI Clerk exam in such a short span of time is to have a focused and disciplined approach toward your preparation. Firstly, you need to understand the exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme of the SBI Clerk exam. This will give you an idea of what to expect in the exam and how to prepare for it.
Next, create a study plan that covers all the topics and sections of the SBI Clerk exam. Divide your time wisely, and allocate more time to the topics you find difficult. Make sure to practice a lot of questions from previous year papers and mock tests, as they will help you understand the exam pattern better and also improve your speed and accuracy.
Additionally, take short breaks during your study sessions to keep your mind fresh and focused. Also, revise the topics you have studied frequently, as it will help you retain the information better.
The candidates need to make sure to remain focused on the last month of preparation. Follow the SBI Clerk Mains 2021 exam given in this article. It is important to complete all the topics before the exam date. During this time, you should follow a well-planned strategy that can help you perform well in the clerk mains 2021.
- Follow a timetable- Make sure that you study regularly during this time
- Follow a proper routine to make sure that you be prepared nicely for each subject.
- Do revisions: Take out time to revise every week. Revise every topic that you have covered in the previous weeks to be sure that you remember most of the topics.
- Solve previous year’s papers: Solving the previous year papers will be helpful to test your preparation. In addition, it will help you compose an idea of the kind of questions and patterns that will be asked in the exam.
- Take frequent breaks: You should take breaks frequently. Without it, your performance can deteriorate rapidly.
Practice, revision and understanding are the three key activities that will help you crack the SBI CLERK MAINS 2021.
Stay Connect with writingley