PDF files with a lot of graphic elements look nice, but sending them by e-mail is a pain in the ass because of the large size of such documents. You don’t have to wait long for a file to be attached to an e-mail, because you can reduce its size with virtually no loss of quality. There are a lot of ways to do it – choose what you want.
Using CutePDF or another PDF converter
You can reduce the size of your PDF files with the help of a converter such as CutePDF. It allows you to convert files from any printable format to PDF, as well as change the size of the document, increasing or decreasing the quality of the image and text. When this product is installed, a virtual printer is created in your system that converts documents to PDF format instead of printing them.
1. Download CutePDF from the official website (free) and install it. Don’t forget to install the converter along with it, otherwise nothing will happen after you click the print button.
2. open the file in a program that supports its format and has the ability to print documents. If it is a PDF file, you can open it in Adobe Reader; if the file is in doc or docx format, Microsoft Word will do. Click the File menu item and choose Print.
3. When the print settings window opens, select CutePDF Writer from the list of printers.
4. click the “Printer Properties” button, in the window that opens click the “Advanced” button and select the quality of the content display. To shrink the file to the size you want, choose a quality that is smaller than the original quality.
Click the “Print” button and save the file to the desired location. Only PDF is available for saving, no matter what format the document was originally in.
Using online tools
If you don’t want to download and install anything, then you can compress the PDF file online. Compressing and converting documents online is fast and convenient.
1. Find a suitable tool online, such as 2pdf.com
2. Once on the site, upload the desired document. You can do this by clicking on the caption and selecting the file through Explorer, or by dragging the file with the left mouse button and dropping it in the desired area. .
3. When the process is complete, click the “You can save the file” button and select a location for it on your PC.
The result of compressing a PDF file
Besides 2pdf there are many other online compressors on the Internet: Compress PDF, smallpdf, PDFzipper and others. Some allow you to download files up to 50 MB, others up to 100 MB.
If you want to convert Excel to PDF online conversion service then you need a computer and internet connection.
In this article we have learned how the user can reduce the size of a PDF document so that it does not take up much space on your device or when sending the document by mail. It is up to you to decide which program to use. Personally, I opt for online tools so I don’t have to install unnecessary programs on my computer. The rest of the choice is up to you!
Read More : Rearrange PDF pages with UPDF Windows