Last Updated on March 24, 2023 by Faisal Khan
Fashion designing is a specialization that offers a stage for people to express their creativity through design of awe-inspiring accessories like footwear, handbags & jewellery etc. as well as garments. Utilizing visualization & ideation skills, along with their understanding of customer wants, preferences, socio-cultural trends, economic scenario, fashion trends, techniques & technologies etc., a Fashion designer comes up with innovative designs for a new collection. Furthermore, he is involved in the entire process of production, right from the design conceptualization to its prototyping to access the throw of cloth, to identifying & selecting the right material in apt colours, patterns & textures etc.to its final release in the market. He collaborates with multiple departments to ensure the success and profitability.
In case the seasonal collection doesn’t get the expected results, he investigates to ensure that subsequent collections give the desired results.
Reasons for enrolling into fashion designing course:
- Entry into a successful professional life: Being vibrant & dynamic, no two days in fashion industry are same. The industry offers plenty of travel opportunities so as to attend various fashion events, connecting with different fashion designers as well as researching new fashion trends, thus getting a good exposure.
- Diverse profiles and positions for varied skillset: Fashion industry requires expertise in multiple skillsets since fashion designer is responsible for the entire production process, right from inception to selecting as well as making of requisite fabric, to colour dying, to identifying vendors, merchandising, marketing & retailing etc. So as per their interest and skills, candidates on completion of their courses can occupy roles in multiple disciplines like Textile Designing, Marketing, Buying, Merchandising etc.
- Huge potential: Fashion Industry offers immense job opportunities and growth potential:
- By the year 2025-26, Indian domestic textile and apparel market is anticipated to rise at a CAGR of 10% to reach US$ 190 billion.
- By 2025-26, Indian exports of textiles and apparel are estimated to rise to US $65 billion.
- India’s textiles and apparel imports by 2025-26 is projected to jump to US$ 15.2 billion.
- Ease in entrepreneurial journey: Fashion Design course will enrich you in business knowledge, offer competencies in handling finances, budgets and employing of sales & marketing strategies. Thus, equipping you with requisite capabilities to launch your business, your own brand.
- Glamour: Being one of the most glamorous field, Fashion Designing entails clothing celebrities and models. Furthermore, fashion designers play a crucial role in bringing alive the characters the writers as well as directors imagine.
- Discover your creativity: Fashion Designing course offers you an avenue to explore your creativity. You can design clothes as well as accessories such as footwear, handbags, scarves, etc. Besides this you get to research various aspects of creative fields including art, illustrations & history of fashion etc.
Fashion Design Course
Before registering for a fashion designing course, students must ensure:
- College campus must be available at multiple locations and should boast of offering diverse courses so as to assist students in augmenting their knowledge as well as their business and employability.
- The curriculum must ensure that students are equipped with knowledge about latest technology like AI techniques, CLO 3D to be able to communicate fashion through 3D garment simulation technology etc. This will assist in customization of clothing as per consumer needs in terms of pattern cutting, intricate design details to print placement etc.
- The college must offer a stage to students to showcase their vision, talent as well as brilliance through fashion shows and through participation in varied competitions etc.
Register now and embark on a fulfilling journey to explore your innate creativity
What are the benefits of fashion courses?
Fashion courses are becoming increasingly popular and for good reason. Whether you’re interested in pursuing a career in fashion or simply want to improve your personal style, taking a fashion course can provide you with numerous benefits. One of the biggest benefits of fashion courses is that they can teach you the technical skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the fashion industry. From learning how to design and create clothing to understanding the ins and outs of fashion marketing, these courses can give you a comprehensive education in all things fashion.
Another benefit of fashion courses is that they can help you develop your creativity and unique style. Fashion is all about self-expression, and taking a fashion course can give you the tools and inspiration you need to create your own unique fashion designs. Additionally, fashion courses can provide you with access to industry professionals and networking opportunities, which can be invaluable for anyone interested in pursuing a career in fashion.
Finally, fashion courses can help you stay on top of current fashion trends and develop an understanding of the fashion industry as a whole. This knowledge can be beneficial for personal styling and those interested in launching a fashion brand or pursuing a career in fashion marketing or merchandising. Ultimately, taking a fashion course can open up a world of opportunities and help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the exciting and ever-changing world of fashion.