A singer, songwriter, and actor with the stage name Omarion, Omarion Grandberry first gained notoriety in the early 2000s as a member of the boy band B2K. Since then, he has established himself as a successful solo artist and has become a prominent figure in the world of R&B.
Early Life and Career
Omarion was born on November 12, 1984, in Inglewood, California. He grew up in a musical family, and his mother, Leslie Burrell, was a dancer for the legendary pop group the Jackson 5. Omarion’s passion for music began at a young age, and he formed B2K with three other boys when he was just 14 years old.
B2K quickly gained popularity, and their debut album, “B2K,” was released in 2002. The album featured hit songs like “Uh Huh” and “Gots Ta Be,” It peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 chart. The group’s success continued with their second album, “Pandemonium!,” which included the popular singles “Bump, Bump, Bump” and “Girlfriend.”
In 2005, Omarion announced leaving B2K to pursue a solo career. He released his debut album, “O,” in 2005, which included the hit single “O” that reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The Recording Industry Association of America awarded the album its gold certification for its commercial success (RIAA).
After his debut, Omarion put out “21” in 2006, which included the popular song “Ice Box.” The RIAA awarded the album a gold certification since it was also a commercial success. Successive albums by Omarion continued to be released, including “Ollusion” in 2010 and “Sex Playlist” in 2014.
Omarion Height and Body Measurements
Omarion stands at an impressive height of 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm). While he may not be the tallest in the industry, he has a commanding presence on stage and screen. His impeccable fashion sense and muscular build often accentuate his height.
Omarion is known for his chiseled physique, with a muscular build that he maintains through his dedication to fitness. He weighs around 159 pounds (72 kg), a healthy weight for his height and body type. His weight may fluctuate slightly depending on his workout routine and diet, but he maintains a lean and toned look.
Aside from his height and weight, fans are also curious about Omarion’s body measurements. His chest measures around 42 inches (107 cm), while his waist measures around 32 inches (81 cm). His biceps are around 14 inches (35 cm) in circumference. His attention to physical training and commitment to keeping a robust and healthy body may be seen in these measurements.
Omarion’s body type can be described as a mesomorph. He has a naturally athletic frame, clearly defined muscles, and a low body fat percentage, thus this indicates. He is genetically predisposed to building muscle quickly, which he further enhances through his workout routine and diet.
Omarion Physical Appearance
One of Omarion’s most distinctive features is his striking facial structure. He has a strong jawline, defined cheekbones, and a chiseled nose, giving him a handsome and masculine look. Omarion’s eyes are also very expressive, with dark irises that contrast beautifully against his skin tone. He often sports facial hair, which further emphasizes his rugged good looks.
Omarion is also known for his impressive physique. He has a muscular build with well-defined abs, biceps, and triceps. He often shows off his toned body in music videos and on stage, wearing tight-fitting clothing that highlights his athletic frame. Omarion’s dedication to fitness is evident in his body, and he has spoken openly about his workout routine and diet.
In addition to his facial features and physique, Omarion is known for his fashion sense. He has a distinctive look that mixes high design with streetwear. He often wears trendy pieces like designer sneakers, oversized t-shirts, and distressed denim jeans. Omarion is also a fan of jewelry and accessories, often wearing multiple bracelets, chains, and rings.
Over the years, Omarion has experimented with various hairstyles, from buzz cuts to braids. His hair has been a major part of his look, with each hairstyle reflecting different aspects of his personality and style. In the early days of B2K, Omarion was known for his iconic cornrows, which he often styled in intricate patterns. In recent years, he has sported a more natural look, wearing his hair in a short afro or buzz cut.
Omarion has a background in acting and has been in several movies and TV series. He played a minor role in the 2004 comedy-drama movie “You Got Served,” serving as his acting debut. He later appeared in the film “Fat Albert” and the television show “The Proud Family.”
Omarion’s most notable acting role was in the dance film “Feel the Noise,” released in 2007. He played the lead role of Rob, a struggling rapper who discovers his Puerto Rican heritage and finds success in the reggaeton music scene.
In his personal life, Omarion has seen both highs and lows. With actress Jennifer Freeman and reality television personality Apryl Jones, he has had a number of prominent romances. Omarion and Jones have two children, but their relationship ended in 2016.
In 2019, Omarion made headlines when he announced that he would be headlining a tour with fellow R&B artist Bow Wow, who had previously dated Jones. Many fans saw the move as a calculated and strategic move to get back at Bow Wow, but Omarion denied these claims and said that the tour was simply a business decision.
Career and B2K
Omarion’s career began in 1999 when he joined the boy band B2K. The group, which also included Raz-B, Lil’ Fizz, and J-Boog, quickly gained a following with their smooth vocals, infectious beats, and dance moves. They achieved mainstream success with their 2002 album “B2K,” which sold over a million copies in the US alone. Hit songs from the album were “Oh Huh” and “Gots To Be.”
After the release of their second album, “Pandemonium!,” in 2002, the group’s success grew even further.The album included the hit singles “Bump, Bump, Bump” and “Girlfriend,” It reached the top ten on the Billboard 200 chart. B2K disbanded in 2004, but their impact on the R&B genre had already been made.
After B2K disbanded, Omarion decided to pursue a solo career. He released his debut album, “O,” in 2005, and it was a commercial success, selling over 500,000 copies in its first week and debuting at number one on the Billboard 200 chart. The album included hit singles like “O,” “Touch,” and “I’m Tryna.”
In 2006, Omarion followed up his first LP with the release of “21,” which included the top-charting song “Ice Box.” The album was also a commercial triumph, arriving at number one on the Billboard 200 list and selling over 150,000 copies in its first week. Successive albums by Omarion, such as “Ollusion” in 2010 and “Sex Playlist” in 2014, were still being released.
Legacy and Influence
Omarion’s impact on the R&B genre cannot be overstated. His smooth vocals and dance moves have made him a fan favorite, and his music continues to be celebrated today. Here are some ways in which Omarion has influenced the R&B genre:
1. Dance Moves
Omarion’s dance moves have been a defining feature of his career. His smooth and fluid movements have influenced many dancers and choreographers, and his music videos are often characterized by intricate choreography. Many artists who have come after Omarion, such as Chris Brown and Usher, have cited him as a major influence on their dancing style.
2. Vocal Style
His smooth and soulful delivery characterizes Omarion’s vocal style. He is known for his ability to hit high notes easily, and his falsetto has become a signature feature of his music. Many artists after Omarion, such as Trey Songz and Jeremih, have emulated his vocal style.
Over his career, Omarion has worked with other musicians, and these partnerships have frequently been fruitful. He has worked with artists like Bow Wow, Chris Brown, and Rick Ross, and his collaborations have produced hit songs like “Let Me Hold You,” “Post to Be,” and “I’m Up.”
Sure, here are some unique facts about Omarion:
- Family musical background: Omarion comes from a musical family. His mother was a backup singer for Gladys Knight, and his older brother, O’Ryan, is also a singer. This musical influence likely contributed to his passion for music and his talent as a performer.
- Started as a child actor: Before he became a singer, Omarion began his career as a child actor. He appeared in commercials and TV shows such as “Sesame Street” and “Thea.” This early experience likely helped him develop his stage presence and comfort in front of the camera.
- Began singing in the church: Omarion’s love for singing started in church. He sang in the choir and was encouraged by his mother to pursue music. This early exposure to gospel music likely influenced his soulful sound and heartfelt performances.
- Collaborated with numerous artists: Throughout his career, Omarion has collaborated with numerous artists, including Bow Wow, Chris Brown, and Marques Houston. He has also worked with producers such as Timbaland and Pharrell Williams, showcasing his versatility as an artist.
- Worked as a judge: In 2014, Omarion was a judge on the reality TV show “America’s Best Dance Crew.” His experience as a dancer and performer made him a valuable addition to the show, and he provided insightful feedback to the contestants.
- Named after a Quranic surah: Omarion’s name, Omari, is derived from the Arabic word “Umar” and is also the name of a Quranic surah. The surah is named after the Islamic Caliph, Umar ibn Al-Khattab, known for his wisdom and leadership.
- Award-winning artist: Omarion has received numerous awards throughout his career, including a BET Award for Best Collaboration and a Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Male Artist. His peers and industry professionals have recognized his talent as a singer and performer.
- Passion for fashion: In addition to his music career, Omarion has a passion for fashion. He has launched his clothing line, O1NE, and is known to wear unique and eye-catching outfits on and off stage.
- Involved in philanthropy: Omarion has participated in several charitable endeavors during his career. He has worked with organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the American Red Cross, using his platform to raise awareness and funds for important causes.
- Proud father: Two kids, a boy and a girl make Omarion a proud parent. He frequently shares photos and videos of his children on social media, showing his love and dedication as a father.
In conclusion, Omarion’s height and body measurements are impressive and reflect his dedication to maintaining a strong and healthy physique. His height of 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) is accentuated by his chiseled physique and commanding presence on stage and screen. His body measurements of 42 inches (107 cm) chest, 32 inches (81 cm) waist, and 14 inches (35 cm) biceps reflect his mesomorph body type and dedication to fitness. As he continues to evolve as an artist and entertainer, fans can expect to see more of his impressive physicality on display.