Last Updated on May 18, 2022 by rabiamuzaffar
Can’t you access your Nighthawk router because you forgot its login password? Trying to recover the login password of your Nighthawk router but the “password recovery” feature isn’t working for you? Not to worry! In this blog section, we will make you familiar with various tips that will help you get rid of Nighthawk router password recovery feature not working issue in haste. Let’s take the plunge!
Fix: Nighthawk Router Password Recovery Feature Not Working Issue
Nighthawk router password recovery feature is meant for those users who forgot the login password of their device. Thus, users are always suggested to enable this feature in order to access the Nighthawk router login page without any hassle.
But, what if the password recovery feature isn’t working for you? How would you get the password back of your Nighthawk router? Don’t sweat over it! Below are some effective hacks that you can try to recover the login details of your device using this feature. Continue reading!
Verify the Router Password
First things first, confirm whether you have followed the correct steps to recover the password of your Netgear Nighthawk router or not. On the off chance if you are not certain, walk through the steps highlighted below:
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your PC or laptop.
- Launch a web browser of your choice.
- Type 192.168.1.1 or www.routerlogin.net (without typos) in the address bar.
- Press Enter and you will be redirected to Nighthawk router login page.
- But hold on! You have forgotten the login details of your Nighthawk router, right? So, in that case, you have to click on the Cancel button. Doing so will take you to the password recovery page.
- Here, you have to enter the model/ serial number of your router into the provided field and click on Continue.
- Click on Advanced.
- Select Administration > Set Password option.
- Thus, the Set Password screen appears.
- Click on the Enable Password Recovery check box.
- Select and answer 2 security questions of your choice.
- At last, click on Apply to save the changes.
That’s it! In this way, you can easily recover the admin details of your Nighthawk router using the password recovery feature.
Note: If you don’t want to use the manual method to recover the lost or forgotten password of your device, download the Nighthawk router app and follow the on-screen instructions.
In the event that the issue still persists and you are unable to get the login details back of your Nighthawk router using the password recovery feature, then you need to reset your device back to the default factory settings. Also, uninstall the Nighthawk router app prior to resetting.
Here’s how to reset Netgear Nighthawk Router:
- Firstly, disconnect all the devices that are connected to your Netgear Nighthawk router. But, do not unplug your device.
- Then, locate the reset hole on your device.
- Once you’ve found the reset hole, push it gently using any thin, pointed, and sharp object.
- Keep holding the reset hole for a couple of seconds prior to releasing.
- Wait for the power LED to flash solid green color.
- That’s it! Your Netgear Nighthawk router resets successfully. Now, you can try the hacks highlighted above again in order to enable the password recovery feature. Download and install the Nighthawk router app again. You will be glad to know that Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10 is also available.
just in case, if none of the troubleshooting tips did not help you out to recover the password recovery feature on your Netgear Nighthawk router, consider dropping your queries into the comments section.