2Are you experiencing a Netgear satellite not finding the issue? You don’t have to worry about it anymore. Why? Because we have come up with simple and easy solutions that will help you fix the issue at hand. Netgear Satelite not found means you can’t access its network as it is not available. You can easily get this fixed by following the hacks mentioned ahead. You might need Orbi admin login details for the troubleshooting process, so keep the login details ready.
Troubleshooting Netgear Satellite Not Found Issue
- Power Cycle Orbi Satellite
Sometimes, due to excessive usage, the satellite starts giving trouble. To cool it down you need to give it some rest. This can be easily done by power cycling the satellite. Wondering what power cycling is? It is just the rebooting process. The process is given ahead:
- Get near your Orbi satellite and turn its power button off.
- Unplug it from the power socket.
- The device is having some rest.
- After a while plug the Orbi satellite power cable back.
- The power button should now be turned on.
The Orbi satellite is power cycled. Once the ring LED is settled, try accessing its network. Are you successful now? If the issue still persists, then try the next hack.
- Bring Satellite Closer to Router
The Orbi satellite not found issue can also be because the satellite itself is not connected to the router. So, you need to make sure that the router and satellite are connected properly. For this, you need to bring the satellite closer to the router. That means the satellite should be placed within the router’s network range. Thus bring the devices closer and see if this works.
Note: While you are bringing the devices closer, make it a point that they are not placed too close. Their signals will clash which is going to enhance the problem.
- Connect the Devices via Ethernet Cable
There is a chance that you have connected your Orbi router to the satellite using a wireless medium and there is a huge net loss. Thus try connecting them using a wired medium now. But you need to use an Ethernet cable that is in a good condition and make sure you connect the devices firmly and place a solid connection between them.
- Place Satellite in Open Place
The placement of the satellite plays a vital role to determine its performance. If you have placed it in an enclosed area then it will be difficult for it to emit network. So place it in an open place and not behind any furniture. Also, avoid placing it in corners, attics, or basements. Try accessing the network once you have changed the location of the satellite. Is it ok now? No? Don’t worry, we still have some more hacks for you.
- Sync Satellite and Router
Perhaps the Orbi router and satellite are not synced correctly which is why this issue is occurring. So try resyncing them to fix this. To manually sync them, do this:
- Power up your Netgear Orbi router as well as satellite. Both devices should be placed in the same room.
- Locate the Sync button on the router and push it.
- Now, push the Sync button on the Orbi satellite.
The LED on the satellite should be solid blue indicating the devices are successfully synced. Once the devices are synced, try to see if the Orbi is not found the issue is fixed or not.
- Update Orbi
An older firmware on the Netgear Orbi is yet another reason for Orbi issues. It is recommended by Netgear that the Orbi devices should always be updated with the most recent firmware version to keep getting the best performance from them. So check if any update is pending to be made. If you find one, then get the Orbi updated right away. But while you are doing so, there are certain points that you need to be careful about otherwise you may face Orbi firmware check error issues. Here is what you need to consider before updating the Orbi:
- You need to download the correct firmware version for the Orbi model that you own.
- Update the Orbi satellite firmware and then update the router.
- The firmware update process should not be interrupted by any means. To ensure proper power supply and internet connection during the process.
Also Read: Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failure? Try This!
Right after the Orbi is updated we are sure that the Orbi satellite not found issue will no more be bothering you.