Last Updated on August 2, 2022 by rabiamuzaffar
Netgear WiFi range extenders are the first choice of around all users across the globe when it comes to fast internet connection. As soon as you have set up and installed a Netgear extender via mywifiext.net you will not only get an amplified WiFi range and coverage but also will enjoy a secure internet connection.
Netgear extender takes wireless signals coming from your existing router and then amplifies them to broadcast in every corner of your home. However, some users report that they can’t access internet even after properly setting up the extender. If you are also among them, you have found the right post. Here, we will take a glance at Netgear extender troubleshooting tips to help you with no internet issue. Let’s start.
Fixed: No Internet Connection With Netgear Extender
Check out the below-highlighted troubleshooting hacks to get rid of the no internet connection issue after the Netgear extender setup:
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is properly set up and installed. Partial setup may lead you to such internet connectivity problems.
- In the event that your Netgear WiFi range extender is configured properly but you are still getting no internet, there is a chance that the issue is with your old or outdated home router. So, check your WiFi router for any hardware damage. If any, buy a new router or replace that damaged part right away.
- Another reason why you are not able to access the internet on your devices is loose cable connections. In order to set up your Netgear extender via mywifiext there is a need to connect your extender to the router using an Ethernet cable. This cable connection should not be loose at any cost. Also, the cable you bring into play must not be damaged.
- Check if your computer or laptop whichever you use to access www.mywifiext.net web page is not loaded with malware or viruses. To check this, you can run a virus scan on your device.
- Your Netgear extender should be placed far away from interference-creating devices. These devices include large metal objects, electronic appliances, reflexive surfaces, and water resources. Ovens, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, metal doors, fish tanks, mirrors, and glasses are some examples of such interference-creating devices.
- Don’t place your Netgear extender in corners, behind almirah, inside a cupboard, and under a table; otherwise, you may not be able to connect to the internet.
- The next thing you have to check is the web browser you use to access the Netgear genie setup wizard. The browser should be updated to the latest version. What’s more, there should not be accumulated cache, cookies, and browsing history in the browser you are using. If any, delete them before you use it to log in to your Netgear extender.
- Be certain that your Netgear WiFi range extender is placed within the reach of your home router.
- Did you check the power outlet which your extender is plugged in? Yes, it can cause no internet issue too. How? Well, if your Netgear extender is not properly plugged in, it will not be turned on. And how it will provide you a WiFi connection while turning off? So, choose a wall outlet for your extender that is free from any sort of damages and receiving uninterrupted power supply from the mains.
- Make sure that the antennas of your Netgear extender are connected to it in the right away.
- Maybe you have connected your device to another WiFi network similar to that of your extender. So, check whether you are connected to your own Netgear extender’s network.
- Power cycle your Netgear extender and router once and try again.
So, these were the ultimate fixes to get rid of the no internet connection issue even after properly setting up your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Read more: A Guide to Backup and Restore Settings on Netgear Extender