I want to increase the WiFi coverage of my existing network and that is the reason I bought a D-Link range extender. Now, the question is – how to configure it?
If you are redirected on this article, then you might have the same query, right? Well, performing d-link wifi extender setup isn’t a rocket science. You just need access to dlinkap.local setup wizard. Want to know how to access dlinkap.local setup wizard for extender setup? Yes? Follow the instructions highlighted below.
Steps to Access Dlinkap.local Setup Wizard
Step 1: Power on your D Link WiFi range extender.
Step 2: Connect the extender to your main router using an Ethernet cable.Not only Ethernet connection will work for connecting the device but also the wireless connection is effective.
Step 3: Power on your computer or laptop.
Step 4: Type http://dlinkap.local in the URL bar.
Step 5: Press Enter.
Step 6: Provide default D Link extender login credentials into the required fields.
Step 7: dlinkap.local setup wizard displays.
That’s it! You have successfully accessed dlinkap.local setup wizard. Now, you can follow the on-screen instructions and complete the d-link wifi extender setup with great ease.
What happened? Getting issues while accessing dlinkap.local setup wizard and configuring the extender? Need not to worry! A number of D-Link extender users reported the same issue. But, as you are on this article, you will get fixes for – why can’t you access dlinkaplocal setup wizard and configure the extender. Read on!
If you can’t access dlinkap.local setup wizard and configure the extender, then it can be due to any one of the mistakes made by you accidentally outlined underneath. You just have to go through them once and rectify accordingly.
- Chances are that the wall outlet in which your range extender is plugged in isn’t working fine. All you have to do is to ensure that the wall outlet you have chosen for your device is well working.
- Perhaps your extender isn’t getting continuous or proper power supply. In that case, provide a steady power supply to the extender.
- Your router and the extender aren’t connected in a successful manner. Simply ensure that the Ethernet connection between your router and extender is successful and finger-tight.
- Chances are that while making a wireless connection between your extender and router, you have connected to an unknown network and that is giving you issues while accessing dlinkap.local setup wizard. So, while making a wireless connection between your devices, ensure that you are connected to your home WiFi only.
- The device you are using to access dlinkap.local setup wizard using http://dlinkap.local consists of outdated version of software. If this is the reason that is not letting you access dlinkap.local setup wizard and configuring the extender, update the software of the device right away.
- You have entered http://dlinkap.local web address in the browser’s URL bar field and with tying errors. So, to get a fix for this issue, ensure that http://dlinkap.local web address is entered correctly in the URL bar.
- Chances are that you have entered the wrong login credentials to access dlinkap.local setup wizard. So, to rectify the issue, make sure to use the correct extender password. If you haven’t changed the default password of your extender and you aren’t aware of it, then for information regarding the same, refer to the D-Link extender manual.
Rectify the mistakes keeping the above-mentioned fixes into consideration and try to access dlinkap.local setup wizard again.
Still getting the same issue? No worries! The only way to fix it is to restart your extender along with your PC or laptop. But, before initiating the process, make sure to disconnect your devices from each other.
And with this last fix, our article comes to an end. Do share your feedback with us if you can access the dlinkap.local setup wizard for configuring the extender or changing its default settings.