Netgear is one of the leading manufactures of WiFi range extenders and routers. If you have WiFi connectivity issues in your home, consider performing Nighthawk router setup. Wondering how to set up Nighthawk router? Not anymore! Just follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this article and learn how to perform Nighthawk router setup in no time.
How to Perform Nighthawk Router Setup?
Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to perform Netgear Nighthawk setup with ease.
Nighthawk Router Setup – Manually
- First of all, unbox your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- After unboxing, plug in your router into a working wall outlet. Ensure that the wall plug is in the reach of your modem.
- Once plugged in, the power LED on your Nighthawk router will start blinking. Wait till it become stable.
- Now, create a strong connection between your Nighthawk router and modem. You can either use a wireless or an Ethernet source to connect your router and modem. For Ethernet source, ensure to use a well-maintained and non-damaged Ethernet cable. And, for wireless source, make sure that you are connected to your home WiFi only. On the off chance if you get connected to an unknown WiFi, you will surely face Netgear router setup-related issues. And, to get it fixed, you will be forced to perform Netgear router reset process.
- Once you made a connection between your Nighthawk router and modem using a wireless or an Ethernet source, switch on a desktop or laptop.
- Launch a web browser of your choice.
- In the URL bar, type routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 IP.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, enter the default router’s username and password into their respective fields (if not changed).
- Click Log In.
- Netgear Genie Setup page will display.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Thus, by following the step-by-step on-screen instructions in exact given order, you will be able to configure your Nighthawk router in no time. However, setting up Nighthawk router isn’t a rocket science. Still, some users face technical issues while initiating the process. To avoid getting stuck into the router-related issues, we suggest you to keep a couple of things in mind prior to setting up Nighthawk router.
- Ensure that your Nighthawk router is receiving constant power supply.
- If the wall plug you are using to plug in your Nighthawk router is damaged, we suggest – avoid using it. In fact, choose a wall outlet that is free of damages and fluctuations.
- The web browser you are trying to access the Netgear router login page using the default IP or the web address isn’t outdated. The reason being, the router’s default IP and the web address do not work on an outdated internet browser.
- Make sure that the Netgear router’s power adapter is plugged in properly and getting steady power supply.
- Cross-check the router’s default web address and IP after entering it. Ensure that there aren’t any typos. Bear in mind – typing errors in the web address or router’s default IP may redirect you to third-party website instead of Netgear Genie setup page.
- Be certain to have the correct routerlogin credentials. We suggest you refer to the device manual regarding the same.
- Be sure to follow the Netgear Nighthawk router setup instructions carefully.
If you don’t want to use the manual method to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router, download and install the Nighthawk app and follow the on-screen instructions. Nighthawk app for PC, Android, and iPhone is available at Play Store and App store.
Still unable to set up Netgear Nighthawk router? Consider power cycling it once. Maybe there are some minor technical glitches with your Nighthawk router – stopping you from configuring it. Don’t worry! The only way out to deal with it is to restart the Netgear device.
Here’s to hope that the tips given in this post have helped you out to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router. However, if you still need assistance, let us know via comments.