Struggling with Netgear router red light error? Tried even hard reset and soft reset but nothing worked? Oops! What to do! Need not to panic! Here, in this write-up, we will take you through various troubleshooting fixes to resolve red light issue on your Netgear router. Keep reading!
Why You Are Seeing Netgear Router Red Light?
The red power light on your Netgear router badly affects your device. So, we suggest you know the proper reason behind Netgear router red light issue first and then fix it accordingly.
Given-below is a list of the most common yet major reasons why you are facing Netgear router red light issue.
- Wrong placement of Netgear router.
- Your Netgear router is receiving signal interference from third-party Bluetooth and WiFi devices.
- Partial of incomplete Netgear router setup.
- Incorrect Netgear router login details can also lead you to the issue.
- On the off chance of too many devices are connected to your router’s network, your device may get overloaded. And ultimately, you might struggle with Netgear router red light issue.
- Issue from your service provider end will also result in Netgear router red light issue.
- An obsolete Netgear router firmware version may let you struggle with the red light issue.
- In the event that you have poor or lost internet connection or there is a sudden power outage during the Netgear router setup process, you will find your device showing red light.
That is it! Now that you know the reason behind Netgear router red light issue, let’s have a quick glance on the solutions given-below.
Solved: Netgear Router Red Light Issue
Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- First things first, check the place where you have located your Netgear router. Bear in mind to locate your Netgear router in a neat, higher, and airy place.
- Also, ensure to keep your Netgear router away from the reach unknown WiFi devices, corners, and windows. It is highly-recommended – do not place your Netgear router inside a cabinet.
- Check the wall-outlet you are using to plug in your Netgear router. The outlet must be damaged and shock proof.
- Power cycle your Netgear router. For this, you have to unplug your router from the wall outlet, wait for a few minutes, and plug it back in again.
- Update your router’s firmware. To do so, log in to your Netgear device using www.routerlogin.net web address and look for the updates available for your device.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
Still facing Netgear router red light error? If you nod in yes, then resetting your Netgear router may help you out. Here are the instructions to reset your Netgear router.
Before resetting your device, we suggest you write down its routerlogin details somewhere safe. Also, take the backup of your router’s settings.
To reset your Netgear router, do the following:
- Right off the bat, disconnect your Netgear router from all your wired and wireless devices.
- Then, ensure to provide your Netgear router a continuous power supply during the reset process.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned points, locate the reset hole on your Netgear router.
- Post that, using a pin or a paper clip, press and hole the Netgear router reset hole gently for a couple of minutes and release it.
- That’s it! You have successfully reset your Netgear router without any help.
- Now, to configure it again, open a web browser, get into the setup wizard of your Netgear device using routerlogin.net, and follow the on-screen setup instructions.
The Final Words
If the Netgear router red light issue is still troubling you, let our competent technical experts know via comments. They will surely fix the Netgear router red light issue for you within minutes.