If you’re running a growing business, it can be difficult to keep track of everything that your employees are doing and make sure they are taking care of their own schedules too. That’s where employee scheduling software comes in! In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to choose the right software for your business and when to consider implementing it into your business processes. We will also highlight the benefits of using employee scheduling software for your company.
Manage your schedule manually?
Before adding another tool to your business, consider how much time you’re currently spending on employee scheduling. If you’re already committed to an Excel spreadsheet or a Google Docs spreadsheet, don’t feel pressured to abandon that system in favor of something else. Instead, build a schedule management workflow around whatever system you already have in place. You can use that as a guide when deciding whether scheduling software is worth it for your business.
Finding employee scheduling software
The question of what software is best to track employee time and attendance can be a confusing one. While there are dozens of solutions available, not all have all of your organization’s needs in mind. If you’re looking to add employee scheduling software to your existing business operations, finding one that works well with both your processes and your budget can be a challenge.
Consider all the factors when looking for employee scheduling software
When implementing employee scheduling software into your company, there are many variables to consider before making a final decision. The first is whether or not you need to go with a cloud-based or on-premise solution, which will be important when looking at total cost of ownership (TCO). Also, it’s essential to look at how customizability affects your end users. Finally, you should make sure you check out all of your options for scalability down the road.
Employee scheduling software vs. third-party applications
While there are various employee scheduling applications out there, including those that work on a third-party basis, many businesses choose to create their own proprietary employee scheduling software. Why? They like having more control over how everything works—and who’s going to be using it. Third-party apps offer a set solution; building an app in-house allows you to customize it according to your needs.
Employee Scheduling Software Features
Employee scheduling software is a valuable tool that allows you to manage your employees, appointments, and more. Here are some helpful employee scheduling software features:
- Attendance tracking: Employee scheduling software can automatically track who attends which meetings and when they sign in and out of work. This is extremely useful if your business deals with late arrivals or punctuality issues.
- Time-off requests: Your employees can submit time-off requests through their employee scheduling software. These requests should be approved by management before being added to their schedule.
- Employee shift swapping: If an employee has an emergency come up at home, he or she may need to swap shifts with another coworker. Shift swapping can be done through an easy-to-use interface on your employee scheduling software platform.
- Emergency call-in notification: With employee scheduling software, managers will receive an alert any time one of their employees calls in sick. They’ll also have access to medical notes so they can plan accordingly for any special accommodations.
- Exportable data: All information stored within your employee scheduling software is exportable, meaning it’s easily transferrable between devices and platforms.
- Generous feature set: You get what you pay for—and that applies here!
Compare Two Systems Side by Side
Employee scheduling software makes it easier to manage labor, but it can be tricky to choose a system that’s right for your needs. Review popular options and get a general idea of their strengths and weaknesses before committing to one. Remember, you aren’t married to any single product—employee scheduling systems aren’t forever! You can always make an informed decision on which option best meets your business needs as they change over time.
Tips For Finding The Best Employee Scheduling System For Your Company
When it comes to finding a good employee scheduling system, there are many elements that you’ll want to take into consideration. The first thing you’ll want to consider is your budget. Consider whether or not you have an annual amount that you could set aside each year in order to pay for some kind of employee scheduling system software. Another thing you should think about is how many employees you have and what their schedule looks like.