Everyone knows the difference between a brand and a “regular company”—mainly high recognition among the audience. Branded products use fewer contacts with buyers before the target action. These arguments can be heard from those who vote for the custom development of the site.
However, is it as good as it might seem? And what are the pros and cons of a unique template resource? Let’s consider them in comparison.
Custom Development: What Are the Advantages & Disadvantages
In custom development, the website is created according to the customer’s needs. A unique design is appropriate and effective for a resource with non-standard functionality. The web developer or designer offers the customer several unique options for styling and help in the website. In custom development, all the modern requirements of web usability are taken care of while the development. In addition, the site on a custom project helps to solve such problems as:
- improving brand awareness;
- “pumping” usability;
- designation of “distance” from competitors;
- no restrictions in design. Anything the customer wants can be implemented;
- website is more flexible and can evolve with the time;
- easier and more convenient on the SEO and promotion of the website in search engines.
At the same time, the unique design always considers all the requirements of the company and the specifics of the business and strictly complies with the technical specifications. The disadvantages of custom design include:
- high wages;
- longer development time;
- binding to the programmer who developed this site.
Let’s clarify the last point: if a programmer quits, goes on vacation, or for some other reason stops working with your site, then, unfortunately, you will have to spend a lot of time looking for a specialist with similar competencies. This is especially true for those who have noticed that the resource needs improvement. And unfortunately, a design that is developed from the beginning requires a long debugging. Therefore, the need to “bring to mind” this or that detail cannot always be calculated in advance.
Template: What Are The Advantages & Disadvantages
A template for creating a site already carries the development of all its essential elements, including the resource structure and graphic content. When developing a business card site or a landing page, using a template design is much more efficient. The benefits of templates of web design include:
- speed of site development from scratch to launch;
- cheap cost;
- possibility of customization;
- quick result in less money.
Different templates allow you to make the site relatively different from competing resources and show your customary. In addition, there is the possibility of partial customization of the design for the specifics of the business.
However, the option of using templates is not without its drawbacks. Among them:
- the risk of choosing the suitable template for a long time;
- self-improvement about the selection of graphics details, in connection with which the site may have an “unprofessional” look;
- the opportunity to meet repetition, as designers often use the most successful solutions when creating templates;
- possibility of security issues;
- limitations in graphic design and functionality;
- A simple design with limited options.
What To Choose?
When choosing between custom website development and template-based development, the choice certainly depends on your needs. Both a template website and a custom developed website can meet the challenges and fulfil the needs of your business. If used correctly, both can work like magic for your business.