Last Updated on May 8, 2022 by rabiamuzaffar
If you can’t connect your iPhone to the Linksys extender’s WiFi, then it could be due to any of the following reasons.
- Your extender’s SSID is hidden/ disabled
- You have entered the incorrect extender’s password
Wait! The list of reasons doesn’t end here! It seems like there are many WiFi networks active nearby your WiFi range extender. If so, then there is a 100% chance of your extender’s WiFi signals to get interrupted. And it will surely stop your iPhone from connecting to the Linksys extender’s WiFi.
What’s more? If your Linksys extender isn’t configured properly, then it can be one of the biggest reasons behind the issue. Why? The answer to this question is simple! The Linksys extender (when partially configured), will not provide you new and extended WiFi network. And, if you won’t get the extended and new WiFi network name (SSID), then how would you connect your iPhone to the extender’s network?
To join the WiFi network of your Linksys WiFi range extender, first confirm the reasons highlighted above and then take a step forward to fix the issue.
Note: No matter whatever the reason is behind the issue (apart from the mentioned ones as well), the fixes provided below will work in every situation.
Fixed: iPhone Not Connecting to Extender’s WiFi
Make sure that your Linksys extender’s SSID isn’t disabled or hidden. To verify the same, go to the settings of your WiFi network. Can you see the extender’s SSID on the list of available networks? No? Need not to worry! We are here to help.
- Hit the WiFi icon on your device.
- Make sure that your WiFi icon is visible. If your WiFi is on, then it will automatically search for the available WiFi networks active nearby.
- Click on join WiFi network. If you can’t see the extender’s WiFi on the list of networks, enter the Linksys device SSID manually.
Options may depend upon the device you are using.
Are you entering the correct password to connect to the extender’s SSID? Yes? Then, it’s ok! By entering the correct password, you will be able to join the WiFi network for sure. In case you have forgotten the WiFi password, then it’s better to reset it. Why panic? I too have reset the WiFi password many times because I have trouble remembering it. Just make sure to save or write down the password somewhere. Doing so will help you get the WiFi password back – in case you forget it.
Your extender isn’t configured properly. To connect your iPhone to the extender’s WiFi, ensure that your Linksys device is configured properly. Bear in mind that only after configuration, you will be able to get the extended internet range. Just in case, you are not sure whether your Linksys extender is configured properly or not, then:
- Reset your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- After resetting, connect the extender to your router.
- Open an internet browser on your device.
- Log in to the extender using extender.linksys.com.
- Enter the default extender login password into the required field.
- Click Log In and follow the on-screen instructions to configure your WiFi range extender.
As soon as you configure your Linksys WiFi range extender in a proper manner, you will get an extended and new WiFi network name. Now, you are free to connect your iPhone to the extender’s WiFi.
After resetting your Linksys WiFi range extender, the WiFi password you have reset earlier will also reset.
So, the fixes mentioned above helped you out in fixing the issue? No? Don’t panic! Simply ensure that the router you have used for the configuration process is compatible with your Linksys extender.
Most of the routers aren’t compatible with the Linksys extenders. So, in that case, we suggest our users across the globe to replace your existing router with Linksys and see the difference. Replacing your existing device with the Linksys will help your:
- Linksys extender to get configured properly
- Your WiFi range to spread all over the house
- Devices (including iPhone) to get connected to your extender’s WiFi no matter in which room you sit
So, without thinking much, get a Linksys router, configure it using the default IP, Linksys router login password and then connect it to the Linksys extender using an Ethernet cable.
Connecting the devices using an Ethernet cable is needed only during the extender configuration process. After a successful Linksys extender setup process, you can place your devices anywhere in your home and connect them wirelessly.
Are you able to connect your iPhone to the extender’s WiFi? Verify the connectivity between your devices by using the comment section. Also, let us know which of the above-mentioned fixes (one or all) helped you.