Last Updated on November 10, 2022 by
The word graffiti comes from the Greek word grafē, which means “scratch” or “scratches.” That’s exactly what it is: scratches made on the street and plastered on buildings, sidewalks, street signs, mailboxes, cars, etc. Street graffiti-like Alec Monopoly Art has been around since the days of cavemen, and today it’s more widespread than ever.
Do these kinds of art interest you? Well, if you are traveling, you might see this type of art in these places:
- Melbourne, Australia – Melbourne, Australia, is among the world’s most beautiful cities. Street art is everywhere you look. Melbourne’s street art is like no other in the world, making it the perfect destination for street art enthusiasts. Take a walk around the Melbourne CBD to see examples of the city’s amazing street art.
- Los Angeles, USA – From the grandest murals to the humblest “tags,” L.A.’s street art is constantly evolving and evolving, and if you want to immerse yourself into its colorful world, there’s no better place to start than downtown L.A.’s Arts District. For an entire weekend, you can wander the streets, check out the murals and paintings, and plan your own trip over to the city’s Skid Row neighborhood, where you’ll almost certainly see a few artists at work over one of their massive paintings.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil – Sao Paulo, Brazil, is one of the world’s most awesome cities, with some of the best street art to be found anywhere. The city is made up of wide avenues that jut out in all directions, providing ample opportunity for graffiti artists to show their stuff. In particular, one neighborhood, Paulista Avenue,attracts huge crowds, as it makes a perfect pilgrimage destination for graffiti lovers.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina -Argentina is a city with millions of attractions, but Buenos Aires, Argentina, holds a special place in the hearts and minds of many travelers. This capital city has long been recognized as among South America’s most beautiful cities. It’s home to some incredible street art, including the La Boca neighborhood, which is steeped in Argentinian folklore. The neighborhood is home to the historic Boca Juniors soccer club, which draws large crowds to its stadium.
- Bristol, UK -Murals are wonderful additions to cities, but street art is better. Street art offers a new perspective on the city you live in and fosters a sense of community. Thus, it should come as no surprise that Bristol, UK, is one of the best cities for street art. Bristol’s best street art is situated in Stokes Croft, a street in the old city center. It is filled with murals from local artists.
These days, traveling around the world for leisure trips and vacations has become more popular, but it wasn’t that common in earlier times. Spectacular street graffiti can be found almost everywhere in the world, and these paintings aren’t simply an artistic expression of the artists. They reflect our society’s values and ideals. Some graffiti artists even try to raise awareness about a certain issue or issue. So, if you are just traveling to another destination, why not include visiting street graffiti as a part of your itinerary?
Apart from this if you’re interested to know about 5 Unique things to do in Denver then please visit our TRAVEL category.