Birthstones are jewels that are connected to a certain month of birth; each stone has a special significance. When you ask someone “what is your birthstone?” they almost always know the answer, just like horoscope signs. As a reminder to honor your birth month all year long, birthstones are now frequently used in jewelry items including necklaces, bracelets, rings, and earrings. In addition to jewelry, birthstones and the colors associated with them appear in a wide variety of presents and keepsakes, making birthday shopping simple and enjoyable. Birthstones are a staple of contemporary culture, and since ancient times, it has been commonly held that donning your birthstone signifies good health and fortune.
What is the Birthstone for March?
The two birthstones for March, aquamarine, and bloodstone, are very different from one another in terms of look, but they are both known for guarding against harm. Also, find out about the significance of march month birthstones. The sea’s hues are conjured up by the aquamarine birthstone. Faceted aquamarines range in color from deep green-blue to light, somewhat greenish-blue hues, and are frequently devoid of inclusions and as pure as water, signifying the purity of the spirit and soul. The birthstone known as “bloodstone” is often a dark-green cabochon with red patches of iron oxide, which symbolizes the “blood” that bestows power and health upon the wearer.
These two birthstones for March can look extremely different. However, they both have eye-catching visual appeal and an intriguing history of lore.
Bloodstone and aquamarine have nearly opposing colourations and symbolic connotations, providing March babies with two excellent choices for birthstone jewellery. Bloodstone is dark and brooding with rusty crimson flecks on top of jasper, whereas aquamarine is clear and light like holy saltwater.
All March babies are given one of these two unique birthstones to wear as a gift from the earth and a reminder of their unique birthdate, regardless of whether they are Aries or Pisces.
March Birthstone Meaning, Origin, and History
Ancient mariners believed the diamond would calm the waves and keep sailors safe at sea because the term aquamarine is derived from the Latin for seawater. It was also believed that people born in March will have happy marriages. Beryl was thought to provide wearers with defense against adversaries in conflict and legal proceedings. Additionally, it was believed to stimulate the mind and make the person affable and impregnable.
In addition to being the March birthstone, aquamarine is also presented as a gift on the 19th wedding anniversary. For example, the Brazilian government awarded First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt a 1,298-carat dark blue rectangular step-cut aquamarine in 1936. (ct).
It was the largest of two stones faceted from an outstanding 2.9-pound chunk of aquamarine raw (1.3 kilograms). The Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum in Hyde Park, New York, is where it is now kept. The 10,363 ct (or 4.6 pounds) Dom Pedro Aquamarine, regarded as the world’s largest faceted aquamarine, is a well-known exhibit at the Smithsonian Institution. Berndt Munsteiner, a renowned German lapidary, created the about 14-inch (36-centimeter) tall obelisk using the fantasy cut method.
Benefits of March Birthstones
Benefits of Aquamarine
- Birthstones for March have strong, uplifting energies that provide several advantages for the user. These are the advantages that bloodstone and aquamarine both offer.
- Calming energies found in aquamarine help people relax and find inner peace.
- The sensitive locals have a special affinity for this birthstone for March. It reduces anxiety and strengthens meditation abilities.
- Aquamarine enhances life by bringing abundance, harmony, calm, and serenity.
- It increases one’s capacity for tolerance and gives one the stamina to take on obligations.
- It enhances clairvoyance and sharpens intuition.
- This bloodstone of March aids in enhancing intellectual ability, clarity, and self-expression.
- By wearing the birthstone for March, the throat chakra is controlled. It helps with thyroid problems, swollen glands, and sore throats.
- This birthstone for March controls hormones and safeguards the mother and fetus throughout pregnancy.
- It strengthens the immune system and resolves conditions including eye fatigue, hay fever, and allergies.
Benefits of Bloodstone
- Bloodstone is renowned for being an effective blood purifier.
- It is a potent therapeutic stone that cleanses the bladder, spleen, kidneys, intestines, and liver.
- It strengthens creative and intuitive talents.
- This traditional March birthstone can be used to reduce and eradicate negative environmental energy.
- The birthstone for March is helpful in lowering irritation, aggression, and impatience.
- The stone of courage, bloodstone, gives you the willpower to go through challenging circumstances.
- The stone brings alignment, structure, and idealistic thoughts while easing the flow of good energy.
- This stone is thought to bring prosperity, abundance, and good fortune.
- Bloodstone enhances protection in nature, selflessness, and grounding.
- It clears out uncertainty and enhances strong abilities.
- Wearing this March birthstone will help you get used to new situations.
March Birthstone Care and Cleansing
The gem aquamarine is quite resilient. It is strong enough for daily use and has a Mohs hardness rating between 7.5 and 8.5.
Use warm water and mild dish soap to clean your aquamarine. You can also clean away any apparent dirt with a gentle toothbrush. As long as your gemstone has no cracks or liquid inclusions, ultrasonic cleaners and steam cleaning are usually safe.