Electricity is an essential aspect of modern life. Starting with your mobile, electricity is mandatory for the operation of every appliance in the home. However, to enjoy uninterrupted service, paying bills on time is highly essential. Many times, consumers delay bill payments because of the bill payment method. The offline mode of bill payment is not at all convenient. Customers have to wait in long queues for hours. The olden bill payment method required one to carry a physical bill to the service provider and wait in the crowd for their turn. It is a big task that consumers have to spend a whole day on. They have to schedule their activities accordingly. However, the disadvantages of the offline method were able to resolve with the advent of online bill payment.
Online bill payment offers the convenience of electricity bill payment from anywhere at any time with a click. This mode of bill payment doesn’t need physical bills. A consumer only has to provide their consumer number & bill amount. The advantages of online bill payment have even encouraged service providers to join hands with them. Although many people still fear adopting this payment methodology. Here are a few points which will help you to understand online payment is a time saver & offers various benefits.
Disadvantages of the Offline Method
Managing bill payments manually is not an easy job. Here are a few drawbacks of offline bill payment.
- Time-consuming – Similar to electricity bills, you have to take care of other bills like water and wifi. Processing all the bills manually every month requires a lot of patience & time. You have to visit the office directly & wait for hours which sometimes can drain your energy.
- Costly – In addition to the bill amount, it may also cause you the extra expense of traveling. In case you are visiting by public transport. On the way, you may find other attractions that can bring you unwanted expenses. Hence, you can expect additional money loss on top of the bill amount.
- Risky – Carrying physical money also holds the risk of theft.
- Fine – Some people keep the bill payment for the last date due to the inconvenience of the offline method. With so many bills, it is easy to forget this may cause you a late payment fee & also carries the risk of disconnection.
Advantages Of Online Bill Payment
Setting online electricity bills has lots of advantages. Read below to get more ideas.
- Time-saver – The digital platforms process the bill in less than five minutes. You can transfer the payment to the service provider’s account with a single click. There is no need to visit the service provider’s office or wait in queues for settlement. It allows the consumer to pay from any location at any time without interfering with their daily routine.
- Safer – Many people consider the online payment as the least secure. However, you can track the payment status & always have a virtual record of the outgoing, which makes it more secure. The digital platforms are encrypted. Hence, you don’t have to worry about safety. However, you have to ensure safety guidelines from your end.
- Cheaper – The digital platform doesn’t charge any transaction fee & also you have the convenience of paying from any location. Therefore, online payment doesn’t cause any additional expense.
- Auto Payment – This feature eliminates the risk of payment-missing. You can schedule the monthly payment prior. Hence saves time as well as save you from late payment fees.
- Rewards – Eliminates additional expenses & offers the opportunity to receive perks of discounts, cashback & attractive rewards.
Which Are The Time-Saving Online Payment Options?
- Website – You can pay the electricity board directly by visiting their official website. For example, to pay the MSEB electricity bill payment, you can visit the official website, provide the consumer number & make the payment through debit/credit or UPI.
- UPI – It is a highly opted bill payment method. The third-party application is linked with various service providers. Hence you can easily pay the bill.
- MobiKwik – MobiKwik is an emerging online payment platform. Many service providers are linked to it. You can find different operators like MSEB electricity bill payment, MESCOM electricity bill payment. MobiKwik allows you to pay various bills like water, wifi, and electricity on the same platform. The process is simple. It would take less than five minutes.
No matter which online option you select, it will not consume time as offline. However, the choice is always yours.