If you are a professional painter, you know the importance of having the right tools for the job. That’s why today we are going to discuss how to use the AirPro ® Spray Gun. This gun is perfect for spraying large areas with ease and accuracy. AirPro guns are designed to help you achieve the perfect finish, every time.
STEP 1: Assemble the AirPro ® Spray Gun
Gather and inspect your graco paint sprayer gun components to be sure you have everything listed below before starting.
STEP 2: Prepare the Spray Gun for Painting
1) Remove the nozzle from its graco paint sprayer gun housing by unscrewing it counter-clockwise; make sure not to bend the nozzle.
2) Attach the airless spray gun tip to the nozzle by screwing it clockwise until hand tight; make sure not to over-tighten.
3) Remove the air cap from its protective bag and attach it to the top of the nozzle by screwing in a counterclockwise direction until secure.
STEP 3: Prepare the Material to be sprayed
Using a paint stirrer, mix the material you are going to spray thoroughly with a downward motion. You should not see any large lumps or unmixed portions in your mixture when it is ready for spraying.
4) When using waterborne materials make sure you add Progressive’s XIM™ Thinner or XIM™ Extender to your material to reduce the viscosity so it will spray through your airless spray gun.
5) When using high-solid materials, follow material manufacturer’s recommendations for adding thinner (if necessary).
6) Use a Graco Magnum® paint measuring cup (sold separately), or a similar container, to measure the quantity of material you plan to spray.
7) Turn on the airless spray gun trigger and pull it back slightly so that paint flows out of the tip.
8) Open your material container and pour about 75% of its total volume directly into the cup or container you will be spraying from.
9) Mix your material thoroughly with a downward motion.
10) Add the remaining 25% of material to the cup or container you will be spraying from and mix thoroughly.
11) To check that your gun is ready for painting, attach it to a pressure pot filled approximately half-way with water.
12) Pull the trigger back slightly to release approximately 20 psi of pressure.
13) Pull the trigger all the way back and hold it there to flush paint from your gun.
14) When finished, turn your airless spray gun off and unplug it from its power source while still in the pressure pot or you can take it out and set it on a flat surface.
STEP 4: Apply the Material to your Work piece
1) Use your graco paint sprayer gun pressure regulator knob to adjust pressure to 30-35 psi
2) When you are ready to start spraying, pull the trigger back slightly so that paint flows out of the tip.
3) Keep steady even pressure on the trigger.
4) Keep your brush flat against the surface, and overlap each pass by about three or four inches. This technique ensures that no paint runs into any unwanted cracks in order to avoid major flaws when you’re done painting for now.
5) Keep gun moving at all times; do not stop in one spot or you may experience dripping on your finished product.
6) If you notice any spit back or uneven coating, release the trigger and stop spraying.
7) When you’re finished painting, shut off your airless spray gun and unplug it from its power source while still in the pressure pot or you can take it out and set it on a flat surface.
STEP 5: Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Your Airless Spray Gun
Keep your airless spray gun clean by following these simple procedures. Regularly maintaining your airless spray gun will extend its life and ensure you always get the best possible finish.
Use a plastic scraper, putty knife, or another non-abrasive tool to remove paint build-up from the nozzle guard and needle.
Soft Bristle Brush
Use a soft bristle brush to clean the cup, mixing nozzle, filter screen, fluid nozzle, and fluid tip.
After cleaning your spray gun with solvent or water, immediately rinse it with common tap water to prevent remaining paint solids from becoming baked on by the heat of compressed air drying in the spray gun components.
The AirPro ® Spray Gun is a great tool for any professional painter. It gives you the ability to apply a high quality finish with ease. The gun comes with many features that make it easy to use, including an adjustable spray pattern and air control. -In addition, the AirPro ® Spray Gun is made from durable materials that can handle even the most challenging projects. With this gun, you can achieve a perfect finish every time.
Read more: Amazing facts about Titan 440