Heath cards are like a swipe card for your medical and hospital treatments offered under a health insurance plan to help you in your difficult times. The only constraint being that you cannot swipe it for money. When you opt for a health insurance policy and it is approved, the insurance provider provides you with the health card that looks just like a debit or credit card. It can help you in times of emergencies to avail immediate benefits of your insurance cover. Therefore, every time you buy a health insurance cover you will be given a health card that will have your name and preliminary details printed on it.
Where can you get your health card?
Tata AIG MediCare offered by Bajaj Finserv provides high coverage and innumerable benefits like global coverage, restore benefit, and cover for Bariatric surgery. Once your insurance documents are verified and your plan is approved you will be given a health card which is applicable at all network hospitals.
Now you may be thinking why add another card to the already stuffed wallet. There are not one but several reasons of doing so. We have listed these below for you:
- Cashless hospitalization- You will have to provide your health card to the concerned personnel at the network hospital. If you have the card with you at the time of the hospitalization and you present it to the concerned authority, you will be able to commence the cashless payment process. Thus, easing out the process for claim settlement. Additionally, it is worth checking if you have an accidental insurance coverage under your plan, in case of accidental emergencies.
- It makes it easier for you to connect with your insurance provider- There is very less chance that you would remember the toll-free helpline number of your insurance provider and in case of an emergency, finding one, can be a very distressing task. But, if you have your health card handy, all the details including the insurance company’s toll-free helpline number will be written on the card. Therefore, for intimating your claims, you can contact your insurance provider easily and without any hassle.
- All your policy information comes handy- During the process of filling the claim form or while informing your insurance provider, you will need all basic information like your policy number or unique customer identification number for verification and it is not always possible that you remember these details. But with a health card and the information available on it, your policy details can be easily extracted. You will be able to know about all the various benefits before making a claim and this way you will also not miss on any benefits that you are liable to get.
- It works as an identity card- Your health card is your identity while making an insurance claim. It helps your hospital verify that you are the true policy holder and eases the process of cashless treatments. Your health card is matched with an ID proof to do so and once both matches, you are good to go!
- A reminder for your insurance expiry- Just like your debit and credit cards contain expiry date so does your health card. Your health card will have a date mentioned that is the expiry date of your health insurance card and so you will always know once you are closing the expiry date of your health insurance policy.
Also, you can apply for Max Bupa Health Insurance for family. This will give you benefits and features . It will give you medical care for upto 19 family members within 30 minutes cashless claim.